UNC comes back from the winter break to take on the Phoenix in Chapel Hill tonight at 7 pm. The Heels are coming off an impressive 19 point win over Texas while Elon lost its last contest against a very good San Diego State team in San Diego.
- Sophomore Lucas Troutman leads Elon in scoring at 12.6 points per game. The 6’10” forward adds five rebounds a game and 1.6 blocks. Troutman does not have anybody else on the frontline taller than 6’8″ to help him though.
- Another sophomore also leads the Phoenix. German guard Sebastian Koch leads the team in rebounding while also adding almost 10 points per and a couple assists. At 6’8″, Koch plays guard and may create a matchup problem.
- After coming alive against App State, Tyler Zeller has regressed. Over the last two, Zeller has only scored a combined 15 points. Zeller needs to be able to take advantage of his size advantage.
- This is how Elon ranks nationally: Scoring, 157th; Rebounds per Game, 95th; Assists per Game, 226th; Field Goal Percentage, 242nd.
- This is how UNC ranks nationally: Scoring, 3rd; Rebounds per Game, 1st; Assists per Game, 4th; Field Goal Percentage, 30th.
- The Heels will also welcome back former Blue Steel member Jack Wooten. Wooten, now a member of the Elon staff, earned a ring as part of the 2009 national championship team.