We’re going to go ahead and out out the similarities between these teams.
Done with that. To stats!
- For the first time in the last couple seasons the Texas Longhorns aren’t led by a Canuck. Maybe that’s also why this Texas team doesn’t have a player of note on a national level. Don’t argue with me on that. Junior forward Jonathan Holmes leads a thoroughly unexciting Texas team with 12.9 ppg and is second with 6.8 rbg.
- Where they are not flashy the Longhorns seem to be consistent and well-rounded. Five players average double figures including freshman guard Isaiah Taylor. We’re kind of bored talking about this team.
- Gawd, this better not happen again. Texas has taken 5 of the last 6 from UNC.
- Nationally, UNC ranks 77th in pts (78.0), 34th in rebounds (40.4), 58th in assists (15.2) & 59th in FG percentage (.479).
- Texas ranks 64th in pts (78.8), 11th in rebounds (43.7), 222nd in assists (12.3) & 180th in FG percentage (.448).
Hard to read the Texas team with no significant wins. With this game in Chapel Hill we think UNC prevails.
Prediction: UNC 89, Texas 79