Preview: Virginia Tech
Let’s put the past behind us and agree that the Florida State contest may be the worst basketball game in UNC history. Good, now to more pressing matters, Virginia Tech.
- There’s no more Malcolm Delaney to terrorize the Heels. Same goes for Jeff Allen. Junior Erick Green has stepped in to try o fill this void. The guard averages over 16 points per to go with a team high 3.2 assists. Green has been sidelined with a knee injury but says he expects to play tonight.
- Senior Dorenzo Hudson has also been putting in work for the Hokies. The guard lost last season due to injury but seems to have come back just fine. The Charlotte native is scoring over 11 per game.
- Besides Hudson and Green, these Hokies are quite young. Virginia Tech relies on freshman Dorrian Finney-Smith (freshman) and Jarrell Eddie (sophomore) in the post. DFS leads the team in rebounding and Eddie shoots 50 percent from behind the arc.
- This is how Virginia Tech ranks nationally: Scoring, 166th; Rebounds per Game, 120th; Assists per Game, 206th; Field Goal Percentage, 168th. No great wins for VaTech but they are coming off a pretty bad loss to BC. Ew.
- This is how UNC ranks nationally: Scoring, 1st; Rebounds per Game, 1st; Assists per Game, 5th; Field Goal Percentage, 36th.
Prediction: UNC 77, Virginia Tech 65