Preview: Wake Forest
The Heels have been on a role as of late and look to continue it against the Demon Deacons of Wake Forest at Lawrence Joel.
- Sophomore Travis McKie is more or less the lone bright spot for Wake. Averaging 16 and 7, the 6’7″ forward is as athletic as they come. Unfortunately, he doesn’t get a lot of help in the front court, not even from 7′ centers senior Ty Walker or sophomore Carson Desrosiers.
- Guard C.J. Harris does pull his weight in the backcourt. The hometown junior from Winston-Salem contributes 17 points a game and shoots 48 percent from behind the arc. Harris does not excel distribution wise however. Actually, no one on the team does. Sophomore Tony Chennault leads the team with less than three assists per. He does add 10 points a game.
- Things haven’t gotten much better for Jeff Bzdelik in his second year. After finishing 8-24 last season (1-15 in the league), Wake has at least bettered that total with 11 wins so far this year. Wake is 2-5 in the ACC with wins coming over lowly Boston College and Virginia Tech.
- Here’s how Wake ranks nationally: Points per game: 202nd; Rebounds per game: 262nd; Assists per Game: 264th; Field Goal Percentage: 183rd
- Here’s how UNC ranks nationally: Points per game: 1st; Rebounds per game: 1st; Assists per Game: 3rd; Field Goal Percentage: 27th
Prediction: UNC 85, Wake Forest 68