Case of the Mondays?
Well, it’s the first Monday since the 101st edition of Tar Heels hoops began and knowing you, you’re probably at work sneaking in game reviews and tid-bits from Carolina’s victory over Lipscomb Friday night. Now, while I know your first stop was The Rafters’ wrap-up, there are other publications just as worthy of your click. See below.
- The N & O’s Robbi Pickeral noted, quite accurately I might add, that the Heels look “chock-full of talent but still trying to figure out who fits where and what their overall identity will be.” Also, photos!
- The DTH, like most of the stories on the game, focuses on John Henson’s box score-stuffing effort against the Bison. This is a great sign of things to come. Carolina should be in position to win any game in which Henson produces almost a triple-double of points, rebounds and blocks.
- The AP story went a different route, focusing on — surprise — Harrison Barnes. Seriously though, it’s like the reporter wrote it before the game even began.
- A nice feature on John Henson appeared in his hometown paper, the Tampa Tribune, today. The story also painfully reminds us that Henson’s prep star younger sister has chosen to take her talents to Durham next year.
- The early signing period for high school recruits began last week and UNC inked some Top 20 prospects in James McAdoo and P.J. Hairston. Austin Rivers, you are no longer welcome here.
- Sadly, Big Z’s little brother, Cody Zeller, chose Indiana over Carolina. It wasn’t a huge surprise as Indiana was in the lead, but the younger Zeller would have been a huge get for UNC. To recap, three Zeller brothers have all gone to play Division 1 hoops for big-time programs: Luke to Notre Dame, Tyler to UNC, and Cody to Indiana.
And I think you’ll just love this gem: