Constipation is one of the many issues that can end up with some secondary symptoms such as headache, bloating, uneasiness, and so on. Even though jokes are made about the problem, one must get treated as early as possible by a GI to reduce the chances of suffering from something severe later.
GI Physicians Inc. is a team of expert physicians that specialize in internal medicine in Lima, OH. You can get references from many expert gastroenterologists here and can book an appointment as early as possible. Visit their website to know more about their work.
Causes of Constipation
Here are some of the common causes of constipation:
- Slow metabolism
- Poor hydration
- Abusing laxatives
- Lack of physical activities
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Intake of high dairy diet
- Rectal or colon cancer
Treatment for Constipation
- The first and the most suggested treatment for constipation is making a change in your lifestyle. This change includes adding as many fiber-rich food items as possible to your daily diet. You should also follow a routine of exercises and take some laxatives.
- If the suggestions don’t work, then the next step is following the routine of pelvic muscle medications and training. The main goal is to make sure that the bowel movements are made easier for the patients.
- Drink as much water as possible. The colon will absorb water present in the food items that you eat. If you do not drink enough water, then the body will take as much water as possible from the colon layer, resulting in making your stool thick and hard to pass. This results in constipation, and hence constant rehydration is suggested.
- The bathroom at home is like a known environment to your body, which will automatically make your mind relax and pass the stool easily. Hence, make sure to come up with a schedule that can make you carry out the bowel movement when at home.
- Do not follow the idea of holding a stool in when you feel the need to go. The more pressure that you add to your colon, the harder it will be to pass the stool later.
- Exercising and rehydration are the best ways of handling or even avoiding the constipation issue. You can find many exercises that can help you with your problem.
Constipation is a problem common in many because of their lifestyle. Instead of suffering later, it is suggested to follow a healthy diet and lifestyle starting today.